Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend Progress and Recipe

 I'm making some progress on my to-do list, yay! 

Last night Jeffry and I put together the bookcase for Caleb and Trace's room. 

It was a lot bigger than I expected! It fits perfectly right next to Caleb's dresser. Here it is:

(the pic was taken from my phone so it's kinda grainy)


And another project I forgot to add to my to-do list (but I will just so I can cross it off)- 
my Valentine wreath! 

I'm so in love with how it turned out! I want to make another one for Easter in maybe light yellow or pink...I'm full of ideas for this! 


And I've probably done 4 loads of clothes. Making a dent. Do you realize how many clothes big boys and little boys can wear in a week? Bray and Caleb wear uniforms to school so they may come home and have to change into another outfit if we are going somewhere that night. Trace is a 2 year old so he's just messy anyway. Jeffry is no exception. His stain of choice is grease or...well, we live on a farm so just use your imagination. I won't spell it out. 

I made this chicken pasta last night and had to share with you. Sort of like chicken floretine but I did it my own way. 

Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 bag fresh spinach
1 container fresh mushrooms
4 roma tomatoes diced
8oz sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
chicken broth
1 package medium egg noodles

In a large boiler, heat several cups of water for your pasta. Be sure to salt the water. Once water is boiling, add egg noodles til al dente. Drain and set to side. Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to the pan and season with Lawry's and black pepper. Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, set it to the side in a large bowl. Add a teaspoon more olive oil to the skillet and turn the heat down to just under medium. Add the bag of spinach and the entire container of mushrooms. Once they have started to cook, go ahead and add the diced tomatoes. Let these simmer until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are golden. Add sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup and mix together. Add chicken back to mixture and stir. Add chicken broth to thin the sauce to your desired consistency. (I added maybe a 1/4 of a cup.) Add salt and pepper to taste. 

I mixed the noodles and chicken sauce mixture together in the large bowl I had put the chicken in. 
My family loved this pasta! It's a great way to get some veggies in...you could add lots of them. Also, I used fat free sour cream and cream of mushroom soup and low sodium chicken broth. Still plenty of flavor but better for us! Hope you try this sometime. 

Off to finish my laundry so I can pick my 30 for 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment