Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

We've had a busy past few days! Caleb started running a fever Monday night. He didn't have any other symptoms, and I had heard there was a fever virus going around. However, my motherly instinct (maybe?! ha) insisted that I take him to see the doctor. We went Tuesday morning and sure enough, he had the beginnings of an ear infection. I patted myself on the back for taking him rather than waiting. He hasn't even been acting sick the past few days. The fever was gone by Wednesday, and he's back to normal. Jeffry actually started getting another sinus infection last night. He came home from work and took some medicine around six. By six thirty, he was out! And he didn't get up until seven this morning!! I felt so bad for him...he was pitiful. He's still a little sick today, but feeling better, I think.

I have been extremely busy at work lately. We have been transferring our store from Jeffry's parents corporation to be under our own corporation that we started. Which means tons of paperwork for me! Not to mention the fact that it's the beginning of a new year...I have been sooo busy trying to get all of our tax information together. I finally finished everything for the store yesterday. Now I'm on to our personal taxes!

We have had some bad weather tonight. Our power went off around four thirty. We actually had to shut the store down early. The entire town was out of power until about nine. Since then it keeps going on and off. We heard (who knows how true it is) that someone hit the power substation that is behind our store. Lucky for us, we have a natural gas generator that can run almost the entire house and a gas stove! Jeffry made "breakfast for dinner"- one of our favorite things, and he and Brayden played Nintendo while Caleb and I read. Then we all watched movies. It didn't turn out to be a bad night after all!

Tomorrow is my first day of piano lessons! I'm so excited. Rebecca told me to bring a book that is on my level. Scary...because I haven't sat in front of the piano for about a year. I hope she has extremely low expectations, haha. Anyway, wish me luck! I will let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment