Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Splish-splash!

I woke up this morning with a plan to de-clutter my house by Monday. Monday being the optimal time because our realtor is coming by to take photos of the house. For those of you who haven't heard, we are buying some land out in the country! Basically, a farm! Sooo, we are trying to get our house on the market pretty quickly. Like, within the next two weeks. Talk about stress.

Anyway, I made chocolate chip pancakes for the boys for breakfast, which is our Saturday morning tradition. After that, they went outside to enjoy some fresh air for a while. Jeffry came home from work after only an hour because he was feeling horribly ill. He went straight to bed in our room. I got busy washing clothes, folding sheets, and washing the dishes. Except I didn't get too far washing the dishes before I noticed that I was standing in a nice pool of water. Great! My husband who can fix everything is sick, and I have pools of water underneath my kitchen sink. Being the plumbing genius that I am since having married into the hardware business, I turned off the shut-off valves under the sink. I took everything out from under the sink and cleaned up the water. Trying to be a good wife and thinking of my poor sick husband, I called one of our contractors to come check out the sink. He fixed it in about ten minutes! All of this took place while Jeffry was sound asleep. When he woke up, I told him what happened and that Steve had come to fix it. He was super-impressed and seriously grateful that I handled the situation on my own! I think I just earned a Schrute-buck.

After the sink incident, Jeffry was still feeling bad so I took him to the urgent care clinic in Hattiesburg, where we spent a good part of the afternoon. He has a severe sinus infection. :( My poor husband! Sooo, instead of de-cluttering my house...I've been playing nurse and trying desperately to keep the boys quiet so Jeffry can get some rest. I think I'm ready to go back on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment