Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm a little late on posting this! Busy weekend and super busy Monday at work, probably one of our busiest days in a while! So thankful.

Friday I spent the morning at the store planning out the rest of the year as far as advertising, sales, etc. I'm SO excited about all the great deals we are preparing. Wish I could spill the beans, but I can't! If you live in our area and are interested in the sales we have coming up, just keep up with Jack's on our Facebook page or our website.
Jack's car show last year

I left the store about lunch time on Friday, got Trace from daycare, and headed home to pack for a quick trip to Jackson to visit my family and honor my great aunt for her birthday. Trace and I left to get Caleb from school and then started on our drive to Jackson. We got there just in time for dinner and met my parents and my brother at Vasilio's. It's this great Greek restaurant in Madison, where I waited tables all through highschool. Bill and Soula, the owners, are like extended family to me. My grandmother is Greek, so naturally, they always called me a "good Greek girl". :)
My Greek grandmother, Andromache "May" - I've always called her Mom 

After dinner, we went back to my mom and dad's house. I've been in desperate need of a pedicure for a while, so I got the great idea to take advantage of the free babysitting and go get a pedi. I went to the mall and got there at about 7:50; an hour and ten minutes later, I had freshly manicured hands and feet! Ahhh, I must say it was so nice. I remember thinking how I loved that they were so fast...they just get you in and out...part of the big city mentality that I miss sometimes.

I went back to my parents and talked with my mom for a bit, then my brother and I left for our tradition: late night movie date. Whenever I come into town, we always go to the 10:00 movie at the Madison theater. It's such a fun tradition for just me and him to spend a little time together. It usually ends with us having to go to Walmart in the middle of the night. Last time we bought 10 cases of blueberries...you never know!
My baby bro back when he graduated highschool

My great aunt Mable (my grandaddy's sister) is moving to Florida on Friday to live in a retirement home near her son. Her 80th birthday is in a few days, so we went ahead and celebrated her birthday with a family lunch on Saturday. We had a private room at AJ's for family members and the sweet lady (and her mother and daughter) who helps take care of Aunt Mable during the day.
Aunt Mable with my Grandaddy

The food was so incredible. I ordered red fish tacos and all I can say is that I've thought about them several times since then and I want more! The lunch was such a sweet time of honoring my great aunt, who really is the epitome of a Southern lady. I mean, look at her picture. How many 80 year olds do you know that still look that classy?!

Aunt Mable with Trace...Did I mention that I have that same leopard jacket? 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend w/ family! That is so sweet that you and your brother have a movie date tradition! That is really special! Thankyou for your sweet comments lately! To answer your questions: I think I got the individual squash casserole dishes a either Ross or Home Goods. I'm pretty sure it was Ross-they were $3.99 each!! My gray dress came from TJ Maxx. It was $39.99, which is really a lot more than I wanted to pay for it, but I justified it by the fact that I've never seen another one like it. Plus, I have worn it a ton because it is so comfortable! Have a blessed day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete