Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

As For Me and My House...

Since I became  Lifegroup leader for my church, we have been meeting each week in my home. One week we were talking about meditating on Scriptures, and I was telling my ladies how I like to write favorite scriptures on notecards. Then they all started commenting on how they had already noticed how much scripture I had throughout my home. I guess since I'm used to it, I really didn't realize how I have things posted everywhere! I took a few pictures to share with you.

This canvas was given to me for my birthday a few years ago from Jeffry's parents; it hangs in our living room above our sofa. Jeffry's mom and dad had taken the boys (only 2 at that time!) to get their pictures made while Jeffry and I were on a trip. The canvas is an actual photo made to look painted on. 
The photographer added this Scripture at the bottom, 
"For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.
Needless to say, I was SO surprised; I bawled my eyes out! 


These two Scriptures are taped on my makeup counter mirror. I got them from Angie Smith's blog post about Praying For Our Children. I have notecards for the different verses Angie listed taped up in each area (by the tub, on their bathroom door, etc.) I have a button for Angie's post (one of my favorites of all time) on the right side of my page; see Praying for My Children.

These two notecards are also on my makeup mirror. (I spend a lot of time there!) These are Scriptures that the Lord has given me lately. 
"He keeps us alive in times of famine." - Psalm 33:19

"The famine was so bad that there wasn't so much as a crumb of bread for anyone. Then there was a breakthrough." - 2 Kings 25:4

"God has chosen you to take your place before Him to serve in leading worship- this is your life work; make sure you do it and do it well." - 2 Chronicles 29:11

This verse is my new life verse! Since I lead worship at our church, it totally struck me when I read it in the One Year Bible. When I was struggling with my fears of inadequacy about God's call on my life to lead worship, He gave me the Scripture from Esther 4:14 about having been chosen for such a time as this. So how cool is it that this verse in 2 Chronicles starts with the same phrase?! 


Another favorite scripture hanging over my piano in our entryway.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for some have entertained angels unaware." - Hebrews 13:2


These notecards on posted beside the door frame near our kitchen table. These are verses the boys are working on memorizing. We make them into songs or clap a rhythm along with them to make them easier to remember. We actually have "Do everything without complaining and arguing" posted in more than one place in our home. I need it as much as they do sometimes!



I love this plaque! Right now it rests on my mantle in the living room. It was a gift from my bestie, Kisha. The phrase "The Lord is my Strength and my Song" is found several times in the scriptures. 
Exodus 15:2, Psalm 28:7, Psalm 118:14, Isaiah 12:2


These two notecards are on my bathroom mirror. The first is a scripture and the second is a phrase that I daily remind myself of right now. 

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things." - Philippians 4:8

Hope you have enjoyed a little tour of the Scriptures in my home! 






1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm obsessed with crosses and scripture and like to have them throughout my house as much as possible also. I absolutely LOVE the canvas of the boys! That is one of the prettiest pieces I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete