Thought I'd share a couple of our favorite recipes right now. And please, if you post any recipes, let me know! I'm always looking for new things.
Easy Barbecued Chicken in the Crock Pot
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Place chicken in a 5qt slow cooker; salt and pepper, and place onion on top.
2. Whisk together ketchup and remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and onions. Cover and cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and cook for 5 hours or more.
3. Shred chicken and stir into the sauce. Serve as is or on buns for great BBQ sandwiches!
*We like a lot of the sauce, so I usually cook 8 chicken breasts and double the sauce recipe. So good!
Pumpkin Spice Bread or Muffins
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 cups sugar
3 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup golden raisins
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
*optional 1 cup chopped pecans (my family doesn't like nuts)
1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time beating just until yellow disappears.
2. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add pecans and raisins, tossing to coat. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with pumpkin, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in vanilla.
3. Spoon batter into greased and floured loaf pans or muffin tins. I made one large loaf and 18 muffins. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes for the loaf. Honestly, I just watch the muffins until they're done. Probably about 18 minutes. You know your oven.
*The muffins are a great grab and go breakfast. My kids love them, even Trace! You really must make this recipe!
And there you go! Be sure to let me know if you share any of your family's favorite recipes!
*Both recipes are courtesy of Southern Living.