Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Getting Back to My Roots...

in Scrapbooking!

I LOVE to scrapbook, but I honestly haven't done ANYTHING in about two years. With little boys, it's hard to get to scrapbook because if I leave everything out they are just too tempted to get into it while I'm not looking. And to me, I need everything strolled out where I can see it. It's so much work to pull out all of my cutesy stuff to just have to put it all back up after an hour or so of working.

SO at the old house, I really didn't have a space where little hands wouldn't reach my masterpieces in progress. However, in the farmhouse, we have a cozy little closet under the stairs that is soon to be my Scrapbook room/office...with a little room for Jeffry's hunting stuff as well. :) Jeffry is going to build me some shelves for all of my papers, stickers, and embellishments, and I'll have my desk, chair, computer, printer, etc.

In my excitement, I've already started a couple of projects. I'm participating in Jessica Sprague's Holidays in Hand class. I'm really excited about this one! I've never done any type of a Christmas album, other than pages for my boys' books. I can't wait to see what all Jessica has up her sleeve!

I also just purchased Becky Higgins Project LIFE. It's built around the concept of a picture a day for a year. I've never done anything so intensive as a photo a day, but I think it's a great idea. Most of my scrapbooking centers around my boys, but I want to do some scrapbooks like this for ME to look back on someday. I'm going to start building the album once I receive it so I'll be ready to go January 1st.

I'm so happy to get back in the groove of something I love so much! Trying to make a little more time for my hobbies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment