Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Psalm 119

This chapter has become one of my favorite passages in the Bible. I love reading it in the Message paraphrase. Here are a few highlights from throughout the chapter that I wanted to share with you all.

"You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God....you walk straight along the road he set....Then I'd never have any regrets.

I'm single-minded in pursuit of you.

My soul is starved and hungry, ravenous!- insatiable for your nourishing commands.

Barricade the road that goes Nowhere; grace me with your clear revelation....I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me how.

I set your instructions to music and sing them as I walk this pilgrim way. (That's so me!! Ha)

I'm thoroughly committed to living your way....My troubles turned out all for the best- they forced me to learn from your textbook.

And let me live whole and holy, soul and body, so I can always walk with my head held high.

I've committed myself and I'll never turn back from living by your righteous order.

Break open your words, let the light shine out, let ordinary people see the meaning. Mouth open and panting, I wanted your commands more than anything. (Desperation!)

Let my cry come right into your presence, God.

Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well.
"

All I can say is "Wow" and I hope He speaks to you through this passage the way that He has to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment