Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back to School!

I can't believe this week is here. Brayden has Kindergarten orientation on Wednesday, and his first day of school is Friday! It's obviously a bittersweet time; I know he is so ready and capable for school, but at the same time I am a little shocked that he is old enough to be attending real school! We have all of his supplies together including his new red backpack which he loves. :)

On Friday, Jeffry and I took the boys along with my brother to "float the creek". (I didn't know that term until I moved to Wiggins, but basically it just means canoeing.) We left around 9 that morning and finished up about 1. Jeffry and I were in a canoe with Caleb in the middle, and Evan and Brayden were in another canoe. We packed a picnic lunch and had a really great time just playing in the water and spending time together. I told Jeffry that we needed to make it our annual back to school family outing! Thankfully, I didn't see any snakes or other random wildlife, and the creek was up so I didn't have to paddle too much, haha. I may live in Wiggins now, but I'm definitely not a country girl!

So you may have noticed that I have a new layout!! I got it from leelou blog designs. I will link her site tomorrow; for some reason it's not working right now. Hope you like it!!

In baby news, we still haven't picked a name. Thanks to everyone who has given suggestions! We are talking about possibilities! My next appointment is Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing super exciting. The baby is moving SO much these days, especially around 10 at night! Haha...I hope that's not a sign.....

No comments:

Post a Comment