Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I think I'm ready for my close-up

So yesterday was my birthday!! Birthdays are a big deal in my family; it's usually more of a week/month-long celebration than just a single day. My sweet boys sang happy birthday to me yesterday morning, which was the sweetest thing. My sweet hubby bought me breakfast and gave me my bday presents; an iPod Touch (woo-hoo!) and a gorgeous diamond necklace to go with the earrings he had given me for Christmas. Totally unexpected!

For lunch, he surprised me by inviting all of my friends to my favorite Mexican restaurant in town. Instead of Mardi Gras beads, my bestie, Kisha, got me tons of the little babies they put in the King Cakes. Haha, I know, we are weird. It made me laugh though! She also got me the most scrumptious King Cake you'll ever put in your mouth.

My friends had sent me this email the day before:
This couopon entitles you to one free afternoon and a movie with your best friends!! All details have been taken care of.
When: February 24, 2009
Where: Cinemark Theater
Time: 2:05 p.m.
Movie: Confessions of a shopaholic
We just want to honor you on the day God blessed us with you by making memories with you and enjoying laughs that help us all through the tough times. We are excited to spend the afternoon with you. Oh yeah this invitation is for Trace too. We love you a bunch!!!!!


Aren't they the sweetest?? So after lunch, we went to Hattiesburg to see the movie. It was too cute! We loved it! This video is from my favorite part. We grabbed some Starbucks (which was an adventure in itself...) and headed home. My family and I ate a quick dinner together, and then I had to go to the coast for worship team practice. I was expecting to practice with the vocalists, like usual, but surprise! I was practicing with the band. Ha. This is totally a new thing for me, so I was a little nervous, but I actually did really well. Kinda proud of myself!!

Anyway, we are MOVING THIS WEEKEND! Finally! So I'll be moving/celebrating my bday with my family/going to Brayden's soccer game...you know, a normal weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and nice to meet you! I agree with the week-long birthday celebration bit. I'm a Christmas baby (Dec. 23), so I kind of feel like the whole month is a celebration anyway - but hate the combo birthday/Christmas gifts.

    Nice to meet you and come back to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday (a day late).
    You really do have jam packed b-days in your family. I get a cake :-)

    ReplyDelete