Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm having a moment...



Jeffry and I took Brayden to register for Kindergarten this morning. Not K-4, but K-5! Actual "Big-kid" school! He'll even ride the bus to school...maybe...if I don't cry my eyes out. I was very apprehensive, in part, because I did not find out until Thursday that registration was today! So I had to rush around yesterday and this morning getting his shot record, proof of residency, etc. This whole experience is like getting ready to put my child out into the world! I know that seems over dramatic, but really, this will be the first time that he's been outside of a Christian environment. And I know that most of the people and teachers in his school will be Christians, but it's not a "Christian" school. However, I know that this is what God has for him. Jeffry and I haved prayed and agonized for the past year about where to send Brayden to school, and with the purchase of our new farm, God opened the door for Bray to attend South Forrest. The school has small classes like a private school and does very well in state testing. I know that we are doing the right thing because God has given me a peace about it. No matter how nervous I am about my five year old growing up....

No comments:

Post a Comment