Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Clean!

In true Spring-like fashion, I'm getting the itch to organize and clear the clutter. What is it about this time of year that makes me feel like a nesting pregnant woman again? I've heard of several people lately who are starting their spring deep-clean. However, I'm at the stage where I need to get rid of clutter before I can deep clean the way I would like.

I have decided that I am going to get rid of the clothes I no longer wear. Why do I keep them in my closet when I know I'm not going to wear them? It just causes me extra stress and makes things look more crowded. I'm all about simplifying things lately, especially within my home.

I loved this post over at The Inspired Room on "Order Before Beauty". So true. That's where I am right now...getting my house in order.

And this one- "Real Simple Solutions for an Organized Home". Please look how adorable the teacups are! I'm totally stealing this idea. Also, I love the idea of using all white towels with the colored tabs to keep track of who left their towel on the floor. There's something about a white towel that's just clean and fresh. When it's time for us to buy new ones, I'm investing in white.

After the clutter is cleared, I'm using this Spring Cleaning Checklist. It's so thorough and goes by room. I really can't wait!

Sarah Mae over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee has a great collection of blog posts entitled "31 Days to Clean". She also has linked to some other cleaning resources that you may find interesting.

Do you have any articles or ideas for clearing clutter or spring cleaning? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment