Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Long Weekend

Bear with me, I've been behind! Sooo, let me start out on Tuesday. I went to go get my hair cut at 1:00 and left Trace sleeping at the store with Jeffry. I didn't really know what kind of cut I wanted, so I left it up to Eddie. He razored it, and I LOVE it! I was really uncertain at first of whether Jeffry would like it or not, but he did! And it takes no time to blow dry it in the mornings, which is super important when I'm trying to get all 5 of us out the door by 7:15.

However, when I got back to the store, the excitement of my haircut was quickly diminished by the fact that one of our employees (and close friend of Jeffry's since elementary school!) just found out his grandfather was killed in a head-on collision. And Jeffry was the one who had to break the news to him. Needless to say, things were rough around the store that afternoon. It just broke my heart for him. Please remember him and his family in your prayers!

We were planning to leave for our hardware show in Birmingham on Thursday, but we were waiting to hear what the arrangements would be. In the midst of all this, I had to make Brayden a bald eagle costume to wear to school for the "America Parade" on Friday. Of course my child wants to be a bald eagle! Bray and I went to Walmart, gathered all the supplies, and spent a quick hour and a half hot gluing feathers to the wings we made! It looked great! I need to take his pic in his outfit. Anyway, we ended up attending the visitation Thursday night, eating dinner with some of Jeffry's old friends, and then driving on to Birmingham. We got to the hotel around midnight.

Friday morning we woke up late, got some breakfast, and headed to the show. We got a lot accomplished and got some new ideas for the store. Jeffry even let me buy the cutest birdhouses! I can't wait til we get them in. After the show, we went to see our friends, Rory & Ginny, and their new sweet baby, Hayes. He's adorable! Then, we had dinner for my early bday with Jeffry's mom and dad at this great Italian restaurant, Brio. Yum! We spent Saturday morning at the show, had lunch at PF Chang's, did a little shopping, and then drove home to see our boys. Church on Sunday was incredible; God just keeps showing me new things and taking me to new places with Him. In all, we've been busy, but it's been great!! Hope you guys are all good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment